As a member of the Unitarian Fellowship I can understand and accept why some of my non-Unitarian friends would not want to bother reading our blogs.
The blogs may not interest you if you are completely satisfied intellectually and emotionally with your take on the meaning of life. And/or if your social needs are being fully met by the interactions you are having with like-minded individuals and groups. And/or if you have found a philosophical, or scientific body of influential sources which supplies you with a platform from which to deal with life’s difficult issues. And/or if you have a satisfactory moral underpinning for doing good. And /or if your belief system provides you with the courage and encouragement to initiate change for peace, liberty and justice for all.
I am fairly confident that you will definitely not be interested in reading our blogs if you honestly agree that some or all of the following assertions describe your attitude and behaviour.
- You are not interested in or do not value other people
- You are trapped in an unjust and non-compassionate behavioural pattern towards humans and animals
- You are deluded into thinking that you have found all the answers necessary for your spiritual growth.
- You have no time for an ongoing search for truth and meaning
- You have no confidence in the ability of conscientious human beings to use all the available resources at their disposal in carrying out such a search
- You are afraid of questioning the doctrines and dogma of authoritarian institutions
- You have disengaged from your close association with all forms of life
- You are depending on the emergence of a super-cosmic event or intervention which will solve all of your personal problems
In conclusion, as stated above I take full responsibility for the above statements which I have checked out with my fellow members. On behalf of the Sydney Spirit of Life Unitarian Fellowship I therefore invite you to join our readership if you feel comfortable about being included.